Eyelash Extensions Consultation and Consent Form
Emergency Contact Details
Eyelash extensions require medical tape and adhesives that may contain acrylic or latex.
Most complications from eyelash extensions result from a skin reaction or allergy to the chemicals used in the glue adhesive.
Symptoms you may experience include:
- stinging and burning in the eye and/or on the eyelid
- red or bloodshot eyes
- Please, remove all eye makeup by using a gentle, non-oil-containing cleanser. Eye makeup affects the adhesive bond and reduces how long your eyelash can last.
- If you’re wearing contact lenses, remove them.
- The whole procedure often takes between 90 to 150 minutes for a complete set. Fills take between 30 to 90 minutes. Therefore, please wear clothing that you’ll be comfortable in for the duration of the procedure.
- To ensure you are comfortable go to the bathroom before the procedure.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock on the portion of the eyes that is to be treated. Many moisturizers contain oils that prevent adhesives from sticking to the natural eyelash and shorten the lifespan of the eyelash extensions.
- Do not wear mascara. Cleaning mascara takes a lot of time and makeup that is left can obstruct the effectiveness of the extension applied.
- Do not curl your eyelashes before the appointment. Extensions don’t fit well with wavy eyelashes.
- Put your phone on silent mode during the extension application. Communication in the treatment location is not advised because precision is required in the process. You are free to rest or listen to an audio during the extension application.
- If you currently have eyelash extensions that were not put on by us, please schedule a removal service on your first visit. It is best to prevent the harm that comes with mixing various adhesives and materials with extensions from other salons.
- Avoid getting your eyelashes wet for 48 hours after application - The water will react with the eyelash extension glue and cause a flash cure. The water will cause the eyelash bond to become brittle and break. After the 48 hour period, you’re safe to shower again. Top tip: When showering, don’t position your head in the full strength of water flow. Let the water instead run down your face.
- Do not rub or touch your eyes.
- Clean with eyelash foam cleanser every 3 days - Using a soft bristle brush and specialist eyelash extension cleaning foam, clean approximately every 3 days. Getting into this habit removes traces of natural oils, dust and make-up. This prevents any build-ups causing pressure on your lashes and breaking down the bond. Ultimately, you need to clean clean clean to avoid premature eyelash shedding.
- Brush through your eyelash tips in the morning.
- Do not apply mascara - The product gets caught between the eyelashes and builds up. This, in turn, becomes much harder to clean and may lead to premature eyelash loss and affects your eye health.
- Do not use oil based products around or on the eyes.
- Do not sleep on your face.
- Stay on top of your infills (recommended every 2 - 3 weeks).
I accept that any treatment I am going to receive is at my own risk.
I certify that I have read, fully understood, and completed this form to the best of my knowledge.
I understand that failure to disclose information requested above may result in adverse side effect(s), unknown because of this to which I accept full liability/responsibility.
The treatment(s) and possible side effect(s) have been fully explained to me.
I accept full responsibility for the treatment given and complications which may arise or result during or following any procedure that is performed at my request.
I accept that if I am not satisfied with the treatment I will inform the therapist and/or request to speak to the manager during, or immediately following, the treatment.
I fully understand the above and consent to the Eyelash Extensions treatment(s) to be carried out.
Tap or click on the signature above to sign
Patch Test Results - Therapist to complete