Dermaroll Aftercare Advice
- During the first 48 hours, refrain from exercise, saunas, hot tubs, and sun-beds.
- Avoid strong sunlight and do not use sunscreen (after 48 hours, use sunscreen everyday).
- Avoid touching your treated skin unnecessarily. Always wash hands or use gloves before touching treated skin.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours. If you must use makeup within the first 24 hours, please only use a 100% pure mineral powder makeup.
- For the first few days after your microneedling procedure, you’ll need to avoid any skin care product that contains harsh chemicals meant to exfoliate. Avoid anything that’s scented, and don’t use glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acids.
- Retinol A and vitamin C serum should be avoided for the first 48 hours, minimum, after microneedling. Once 2 full days have passed, you might want to gradually add products back into your daily beauty routine instead of doing your usual regimen, especially if you use products that have strong anti-aging formulas.
- Be sure to run any cleansers, toners, or scrubs that you plan to apply in the 2 to 3 days after microneedling by your provider to make sure the ingredients won’t worsen side effects.
- Hyaluronic acid can be used following microneedling, and it’s even recommended in some cases to help stimulate collagen production after your procedure.
- If your skin is feeling dry, it’s generally safe to apply coconut oil as an emollient to lock in moisture and hydrate your face after microneedling. Diluted, alcohol-free witch hazel may also be used to cleanse dry skin. Stick to using gentle, natural ingredients that you’re familiar with.
I confirm that potential complications for the procedure undertaken and aftercare instructions have been explained to me. I agree it is my responsibility to read and understand the information provided in this form and to follow the instructions on it, until the site has healed.
Tap or click on the signature above to sign