Ear Candling Aftercare Advice
After Your Treatment
After receiving an Ear Candling treatment it is perfectly normal to experience the following, known as contra-actions:
- Cold like symptoms
- Sticky feeling within the ears or the losing of ear wax
- Headache or Slight dizziness
- Slight dryness in the throat
These reactions will last no longer than 24-48 hours, but if you have any concerns please feel free to contact us.
You may also experience:
- Improvement in clarity of sound
- Lighter feeling in the head and face due to sinus pressure relief
- Ear wax/residue may naturally work its way out of the ear over the following 24-48 hours, this is normal (We recommend that you protect your pillows with a towel to prevent staining of your bedding).
- Do not submerge your head under water for 24 hours after your treatment and try to avoid cold air blowing into your ears.
- Do not insert anything, including cotton buds inside your ears.
- Drinking plenty of water, squash, or herbal teas to help eliminate toxins and flush out the lymphatic system.
- If you experience a runny nose please blow it gently rather than sniffing.
- If you had a bit of a cold at the time of your treatment please note your symptoms may get worse.
- You should leave a minimum of 48 hours between treatments.
Follow up treatment depends on the nature of the ear complaint, please speak with your therapist for additional advice.
I confirm that potential complications for the procedure undertaken and aftercare instructions have been explained to me. I agree it is my responsibility to read and understand the information provided in this form and to follow the instructions on it, until the site has healed.