Ear Candling Aftercare Advice
After Your Treatment
After receiving an Ear Candling treatment it is perfectly normal to experience the following, known as contra-actions:
- Cold like symptoms
- Sticky feeling within the ears or the losing of ear wax
- Headache or Slight dizziness
- Slight dryness in the throat
These reactions will last no longer than 24-48 hours, but if you have any concerns please feel free to contact us.
You may also experience:
- Improvement in clarity of sound
- Lighter feeling in the head and face due to sinus pressure relief
- Ear wax/residue may naturally work its way out of the ear over the following 24-48 hours, this is normal (We recommend that you protect your pillows with a towel to prevent staining of your bedding).
- Do not submerge your head under water for 24 hours after your treatment and try to avoid cold air blowing into your ears.
- Do not insert anything, including cotton buds inside your ears.
- Drinking plenty of water, squash, or herbal teas to help eliminate toxins and flush out the lymphatic system.
- If you experience a runny nose please blow it gently rather than sniffing.
- If you had a bit of a cold at the time of your treatment please note your symptoms may get worse.
- You should leave a minimum of 48 hours between treatments.
Follow up treatment depends on the nature of the ear complaint, please speak with your therapist for additional advice.
I confirm that potential complications for the procedure undertaken and aftercare instructions have been explained to me. I agree it is my responsibility to read and understand the information provided in this form and to follow the instructions on it, until the site has healed.
Tap or click on the signature above to sign